Camps for Kids Grants
The Camp For Kids grants were established by BC Foster Parents Association to alleviate some of the costs member foster parents encounter when sending their foster, adopted, or birth children to camp. Depending on funds available, grants will be awarded to eligible applicants chosen at random who have applied with all relevant documentation.
Who can apply
- You are a foster parent who requires assistance to send their foster, adopted or birth children to camp. The child/youth attending camp must be between the ages of 6 –18 years old.
- You are able to provide proof of deposit or full payment for the camp that can accompany your application form.
- Foster parents who are not members of BCFPA can apply to receive one of up to four lottery bursaries worth $150 during the summer cycle.
When to apply
Summer cycle: Applications will be accepted from February 1 – May 31 of each year. Awards will be made in June.
Fall cycle: Applications will be accepted from August 1 – October 31 of each year. Awards will be made in November.
Amount of bursary
- An annual grant of $300 per family will be awarded to BCFPA members which may be used to cover costs for one or more eligible family members to attend the camp of their choice.
- Maximum of $150 will be awarded to foster parents who are not members of BCFPA for one of up to four lottery bursaries.
How to submit your application
You can submit your application in one of three ways; online, by mail, or by email.
By online form:
208-20641 Logan Avenue
Langley, BC V3A 7R3
Once the application has been reviewed, BCFPA will notify the candidate by email or phone of the status of the application. Cheques are issued payable to the applicant and sent to the applicant’s mailing address. Please allow four weeks from the date that you receive the notification for your cheque to arrive.
EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS
Foster parents are encouraged to call this number in the event of an EMERGENCY or CRISIS occurring after regular office hours:
REPORT CHILD ABUSE
If you think a child or youth under 19 years of age is being abused or neglected, you have the legal duty to report your concern to a child welfare worker. Phone 1 800 663-9122 at any time of the day or night. Visit the Government of BC website for more info.
BCFPA Provincial Office
Suite 208 - 20641 Logan Avenue
Langley, BC V3A 7R3
Fill out our contact form...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Charitable Registration #
106778079 RR 0001
Our work takes place on the traditional and unceded Coast Salish territories of the Kwantlen, Katzie, Matsqui and Semiahmoo First Nations. BCFPA is committed to reconciliation with all Indigenous communities, and creating a space where we listen, learn and grow together.
© 2021 BC Foster Parents. Site design by Mighty Sparrow Design.