208 – 20641 Logan Avenue
All direct telephone numbers remain the same and of course you can always reach us toll free at 1-800-663-9999.
The Caregiver Support Service Standards has been revised and is called the Resource Work Policies. This new document is now in effect (as of March 1, 2017). Click on the links below to view the new policy and other documents relating to this change. Contact BCFFPA to let us know if you have any questions or concerns at 1-800-663-9999.
Call us today at 1-800-663-9999 to request an information package or click APPLY NOW to download our PDF intake form.
Right now there are more than 1000 kids across B.C. who need temporary foster families when they can’t live at home. Many of these children and teens come from hard places; however fostering can have a huge positive impact on their lives.
Our foster families come from a variety of backgrounds, each with different life experiences, skills, and qualities. They do, however, share a few things in common:
- All are residents of B.C. who are (at least) 19 years of age
- Their homes are safe and nurturing
- Each is comfortable in providing guidance and supervision that meets the child’s needs and their cultural heritage
- They are active members of the child’s care team
Here are the steps to becoming a foster parent*
- Call BCFFPA for an information package which will be sent by e-mail or regular mail.
- Once you have read through the info package, call us back and we will do an intake form to forward to the Ministry office in your area or click the APPLY NOW button to fill out an intake form and send directly to us.
- Receive from us or your Ministry office the details for the next information session in your area.
- At the information session you will receive an application package to become a foster parent.
- If your application is accepted by the Ministry, you are then invited to attend an 18 hour introductory course that prepares you to become a foster parent.
- The Ministry will complete a homestudy and all necessary paperwork before placement of children in your home.
*The process of becoming a foster parent may vary in some regions.