It pays to be a member of BCFPA!
Benefits of Membership
There are many great reasons why you should be a member of the BC Foster Parents Association!
BCFPA is the provincial voice for BC’s foster caregivers. Only BCFPA is mandated to represent BC foster caregivers both provincially and federally.
We work directly with the Ministry to advocate for YOU. Foster caregivers all over BC tell us the changes they would like to see in BC’s fostering policy and practice, inform us of their concerns and give us direction regarding how they can better provide quality in-home care to BC’s children. It’s our job to gather all the information, research options where necessary and engage in discussions with the Ministry directly. Together, foster parents, BCFPA and the Ministry have brought about an abundance of positive change in fostering practice over the past 50 years.
With a membership, you have the ability to direct our activities, form local associations, support other foster parents, host events and address issues at the community level before they become difficult to resolve. Membership gives you the opportunity to be a leader and to receive valuable discounts from provincial and local vendors.
Review our history for more information about how your membership can positively impact our provincial best practice.
Membership in BCFPA gives you:
- Voting privileges at provincial and regional Annual General Meetings allow you to steer BCFPA activities. You can hold positions on our Board of Directors providing you with the opportunity to represent your region as a Delegate or speak on behalf of foster parents across the province as a member of the Provincial Board of Directors Executive Committee.
- Access to the Camps for Kids Grants, the Medical Travel Grant and Education Bursaries.
- Training opportunities throughout the year and at our Annual General Meeting.
- Mentorship and peer support opportunities through our Fostering Solutions Program.
- Membership Perks and Discounts.
- Access to discounts for Dental and Extended Health Plans.
- Your membership fees provide funding for foster parent Locals in your community to host meetings and family activities.
Become a Member
If you would like to become a member of the BC Foster Parents Association please complete the BCFPA Membership Form (PDF) and send it to the BCFPA office.
Membership Perks & Discounts
BCFPA continues to contact vendors requesting discounts for our members. You can help! BCFPA Locals are encouraged to seek additional regional sources for discounts for your local area foster parents. Please provide us with the information to post on our website.
EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS
Foster parents are encouraged to call this number in the event of an EMERGENCY or CRISIS occurring after regular office hours:
REPORT CHILD ABUSE
If you think a child or youth under 19 years of age is being abused or neglected, you have the legal duty to report your concern to a child welfare worker. Phone 1 800 663-9122 at any time of the day or night. Visit the Government of BC website for more info.
BCFPA Provincial Office
Suite 208 - 20641 Logan Avenue
Langley, BC V3A 7R3
Fill out our contact form...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Our work takes place on the traditional and unceded Coast Salish territories of the Kwantlen, Katzie, Matsqui and Semiahmoo First Nations. BCFPA is committed to reconciliation with all Indigenous communities, and creating a space where we listen, learn and grow together.
© 2021 BC Foster Parents. Site design by Mighty Sparrow Design.