Annual General Meeting & Conference
Date(s) - 28/09/2018 - 29/09/2018
Categories No Categories
Prestige Lakeside Resort & Convention Centre
701 Lakeside Drive
Nelson, BC V1L 6G3
Toll Free: 1-877-737-8443
When booking, ask for the “BCFFPA” room block.
Standard King, Queen or Twin Queen room is $140/night based on double occupancy
Join us for a back to basics event featuring great workshops, good food, guest speakers and free time for you to relax on your trip away from home.
Workshops will include:
- Transitions: back to family, into adoption or other permanent placement, out of care, and of course the daily transitions experienced by foster families when a child leaves their home
- BC’s System of Social Care: led by staff from the Strategic Priorities Division, foster parents and stakeholders can engage in a lively session discussing the future of our sector
- GSC healthassist: find out more about the health insurance options for foster parents through our joint program with Green Shield Canada (see page 9)
Additional conference features:
- Thursday evening Meet & Greet for community members and stakeholders
- Guest speakers: MCFD’s Minister Katrine Conroy and Bernard Richard, “The Rep” for BC’s for Children and Youth
- Free time to relax and rejuvenate on Friday night
- Saturday evening dinner and fundraiser
Download the registration package HERE! We hope to see you in Nelson!