Sites with Aboriginal foster care, content and issues.
- Indigenous Perspectives Society
- BC Aboriginal Child Care Society
- BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centers
- Xwi7xwa Library
A great resource page from the UBC First Nations Library
Places to see for child Adoption.
Child Care and Family Resources
For links to Child care and family resource sites.
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Support groups for all Grandparents who are generously raising their grandchildren.
- HandsOnScotland Toolkit
A Toolkit of helpful responses to encourage children and young people’s emotional wellbeing.
- Hollyburn Family Services
Hollyburn programs include Individual and Family Counselling, Youth Services, Parent / Teen Mediation, Parent Education, Drug and Alcohol Counselling, Family Support Services, Residential Care for Youth, Home Support Services for Seniors and Persons with Special Needs and Autism Services.
- Long Faces and Happy Hearts Equestrian Centre
- “No-Cry” books by Elizabeth Pantley
- Parent Support Services of BC
To promote healthy family relationship by supporting children, parents and others in a parenting role in B.C. communities.
Some particularly useful links regarding various aspects of foster care.
- BC Ministry for Children and Family Development (MCFD)
- MCFD Fostering Main Page
- Canadian Foster Family Association
- Federation of BC Youth in Care Networks
- Foster Care and Adoptive Community
- Youth in Care Canada
- Alberta Foster Parent Association
- Manitoba Foster Family Network
- Newfoundland & Labrador Foster Families Association
- Foster Family Coalition of the Northwest Territories
- Federation of Foster Families of Nova Scotia
- Foster Parent Society of Ontario
- Saskatchewan Foster Families Association
- Washington State Training and Parenting Resources
- Fostering Solutions
Fostering Solutions is an independent foster care agency, based in the United Kingdom that is passionate about ensuring positive outcomes for children and young people.
BCFFPA works in partnership with the following provincial service agencies. For this list, please visit our Agencies page.
Social Issues & Services
Current information on social services issues and more
- ACT Autism Community Training
ACT is an information and referral service created to support families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in the province of British Columbia, Canada.
The Child, Youth and Family Advocate in BC
- BBB Autism Online Support Network
- BC HealthLink
- BC Human Rights Tribunal
- BC Ministry of Education & Training
- BC Ombudsman
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
Working to reduce alcohol- and drug-related harms.
- Canadian Association of Social Workers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Your Online Source for Credible Health Information
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Conduct Disorders
This web site is a “soft place to land for the battle-weary parent.”
Fetal Alcohol Disorders Society
- Health Canada
- Kids Up Front Vancouver
- Learning Disabilities Association of Canada
- McGill University & Yaldei Development Center – Early Intervention Research
A dynamic assessment of Early Intervention Models in Children with developmental delays. This site is intended to inform researchers, policymakers, practitioners, parents, families, and other stakeholders about early intervention for young children with developmental delays/disabilities.
- Provincial Office of Domestic Violence
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Representative for Children and Youth
British Columbia’s Representative for Children and Youth has supported our province’s young people and their families in dealing with the provincial child and youth welfare system. The Representative also provides oversight to this system and makes recommendations to improve it. The Representative is a non-partisan, independent officer of the Legislature, reporting directly to the Legislative Assembly and not a government ministry.
- Society for Treatment of Autism
- Tiny Giant: The Students Commission