Training Project Updates
In the Fall of 2017, program ownership for the Caregiver, Kinship and Resource Worker trainings was transferred to 2 provincial divisions – Learning & Development, and Guardianship, Adoption & Permanency. BCFFPA continues to work with both divisions on the completion and roll-out of the 3 trainings.
PRIDE pre-service training is well underway with monthly cohorts being offered for new caregivers. PRIDE in-service is undergoing final edits. While training for Kinship/Out-of-Care caregivers is currently in the final stages of completion, Resource Worker training is undergoing a bit more revision prior to completion.
In 2015 BCFFPA was given a contract to convene provincial stakeholders with an investment in the foster parent education delivery to begin the process of defining, designing, creating and delivering to the MCFD a new Caregiver Training.
Driven in partnership with provincial government’s Strategic Priorities division, the important and complex work of creating the Caregiver Training and Resource Social Worker training are well underway. We have committed to a transparent and consultative process and have provided many of our process documents below for your information.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about either the Caregiver Training or the Resource Worker Training.
- Training Project Curriculum Consultation – December 2016
- Pre-Service Training Delivery Approach – December 2016
- Caregiver Training Curriculum Outline – September 2016
- Caregiver Training Project September Update – September 2016
- Caregiver Pre-Service Aboriginal Perspectives – August 2016
- Caregiver Training Approach – May 2016
Resource Social Worker Training
- Resource Social Worker Training Curriculum Outline – August 2016
- Resource Social Worker Training Modality Update – July 2016
- Resource Social Worker Training Approach – June 2016