BCFPA will be holding the annual election for executive officer positions on our Board of Directors at our Annual General Meeting on September 25, 2021, at Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre.
This year, there are 2 positions for election on the BCFFPA Board of Directors Executive Committee:
- Vice President
Each position has a two-year term. Nominations for each position must be received by the BCFFPA Provincial office by July 16, 2021, for distribution to the membership for our mail voting process.
The Bylaws regarding eligibility to become an Officer of the Federation, state the following:
- Paid in full member as of January 31st of the current year.
- Must be present at the AGM unless excused by the President for extraordinary reasons.
- Nominations from the floor will not be accepted.
- Candidates and nominations for these officer positions shall be vetted by the Nominating Committee and are chosen for their knowledge and expertise in relation to these positions.
- If only one nominee’s name is submitted for a posted position and they meet all eligibility criteria as stated in the Bylaws, the individual is considered to be elected by acclamation.
- The successful candidates will be elected through a combination of mail-in votes and the votes of those attending the Annual General Meeting.
- Associate Members who have been elected to hold positions on the Federation Board of Directors shall have full voting privileges during their term of office.
- Any candidate for these posted positions must have held a BCFFPA membership in good standing for at least three years immediately previous to running.
- Candidates running for these positions must have served for at least one year in the previous three years on a Local or Macro-regional council, or on the BCFPA Provincial Board of Directors.
- Nominees require a nomination form duly moved and seconded by two BCFFFPA members in good standing (ie. current membership as of January 31st of the present year).
PLEASE FORWARD NOMINATION FORMS TO THE BCFPA PROVINCIAL OFFICE:
BC Foster Parent Association
208-20641 Logan Avenue Langley, BC V3A 7R3
Or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS
Foster parents are encouraged to call this number in the event of an EMERGENCY or CRISIS occurring after regular office hours:
REPORT CHILD ABUSE
If you think a child or youth under 19 years of age is being abused or neglected, you have the legal duty to report your concern to a child welfare worker. Phone 1 800 663-9122 at any time of the day or night. Visit the Government of BC website for more info.
BCFPA Provincial Office
Suite 208 - 20641 Logan Avenue
Langley, BC V3A 7R3
Fill out our contact form...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Our work takes place on the traditional and unceded Coast Salish territories of the Kwantlen, Katzie, Matsqui and Semiahmoo First Nations. BCFPA is committed to reconciliation with all Indigenous communities, and creating a space where we listen, learn and grow together.
© 2021 BC Foster Parents. Site design by Mighty Sparrow Design.