Benefits of Membership
As a member of BCFFPA, you have access to the only agency in the province that was created 50 years ago by foster parents, for foster parents and sector workers, that is governed by foster parents from across the province. We have a provincial mandate which means that we have regular discussions through meetings and committee activity with the Minister of Children and Family Development and the Minister’s representatives. BCFFPA is the only organization across the province that can speak directly to the provincial Ministry leads regarding changes needed in fostering policy and practice. Review more about our history for more information about how your membership can positively impact our provincial best practice.
Membership in BCFFPA gives you:
- Voting privileges at provincial and regional Annual General Meetings which allow you to steer BCFFPA activities. You can hold positions on our Board of Directors providing you with the opportunity to represent your region as a Delegate or speak on behalf of foster parents across the province as a member of the Provincial Board of Directors Executive Committee.
- Access to education bursaries and Camps for Kids bursaries that are available to your birth, adopted and foster children.
- Training opportunities throughout the year and at our Annual General Meeting.
- Mentorship and peer support opportunities through our Fostering Solutions program
- Membership Perks and Discounts
- Access to discounts for Dental and Extended Health Plans
- Your membership fees provide funding for foster parent Locals in your community to host meetings and family activities. (Read more about our Locals here.)
If you would like to become a member of the BC Federation of Foster Parent Associations please complete the BCFFPA Membership Application and send it to the BCFFPA office. Coming soon…join and renew online!
3rd Floor, 131 Eighth Street
New Westminster BC V3M 3P6